Bolivian ram informartion needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I was thinking about getting a pair of bolivian rams, but I couldn't find alot of information on the web. So, would they like a temp of 78 F? Would they get along with 13 panda corys,10 harlequin rasboras, 18 cardinal tetras, and 2 angels in a 75 gallon tank? Thanks for reading and God Bless!

IMO they could. They stay toward the bottom of the tank, and with a 75 gallon I'm sure they'll have plenty of floorspace to establish territory.

Bolivian rams would do fine at that temp IME. I keep mine with angels/corys/others without an issue. My tank is kept between 78-80 degrees.
Bolivians stick to the bottom of the tank and really will claim a territory on the tank floor. If they pair up, they will probably chase the corys out of their territory, but you have enough space that it will probably be fine. Sometimes, the occasional ram will come along who is more aggressive, but its not all that common. And even the "mean" ones are usually still pretty mild. Keep an eye of your corys, but it shouldn't be an issue at all with that much space. :)
I think that sounds like a great set-up for rams. Good luck. :)

Ok, thank you guys so much! I'm going to get the bolivian rams in the next week or two. Thanks again for all the help!

I LOVE my bolivian rams! I have had them a few weeks now and they are just the coolest little guys.

Yes. But its sort of hard to explain. With Bolivians, I specificly look at their bellies. Females have a round belly. Males have a flat belly. Female bellies slope down to the anal fin, but male bellies actually go up right before the anal fin. Lol, like I said, its a little hard to explain. If you really spend awhile looking at them, you can see if the belly looks round or flat. :)
Thats the only reliable way I know how to sex them. :)

Back
Top Bottom