Building a Dream: Suomibetta's Dream 120 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My lfs has enormous RTS. I hope they aren't approaching 5+ years. I was kind of hoping for a juvenile but at least they weren't freaking out too much about having to share a tank.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're welcome!

We may do a larger tank someday. Not sure how big, 100+ seems intimidating but maybe a 30-55 wouldn't be so bad as a first bigger tank someday.

You're welcome!

We may do a larger tank someday. Not sure how big, 100+ seems intimidating but maybe a 30-55 wouldn't be so bad as a first bigger tank someday.

No it wouldn't lots of cool fish could live in those tanks

I'm loving my 33 long if anyone is thinking bout a bigger tank, it's a great size and tall enough for angels. ( sorry not meaning to steal thread)

Emerald76

I'm loving my 33 long if anyone is thinking bout a bigger tank, it's a great size and tall enough for angels. ( sorry not meaning to steal thread)

Emerald76

It's okay lol. I don't mind sharing :)

Someday :). We have no room at the moment. :(. I was thinking they need 30g minimum from some light research.

Someday :). We have no room at the moment. :(. I was thinking they need 30g minimum from some light research.

Sounds about like what I found. I'm not having angels in this tank...I've already got enough plucky/territorial fish in my preliminary build lol.

Update!

I've got my stocking down and checking with aqAdvisor I am not over stocked: AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor
Final stocking: 1 Red Tailed Shark, 6 Platys (Red Wag, Blue Wag, Sunburst, Green Lantern, 24-Carat Tuxedo and Mickey Mouse), 6 Zebra Danios (standard Danios, no hi-fin, long-fin/sail-fin varieties), 6 Tiger Barbs and 7 Panda Cory cats.

So I decided on Panda Corys as my clean up crew in the sand. Has anybody kept Red Tailed Sharks with Cory Cats before? Again, thank you Autumnsky for the arrangement suggestion, I will be looking for plenty of rock and driftwood and plants for both the Corys and the Shark to hide in (no matter how anxious that makes me. Perhaps I can arrange everything in such a manner that if I have to search for someone it'll be quick and relatively painless for the other fish?). Found this nice looking canister filter: Amazon.com : Penn Plax Cascade 1500 GPH Canister Filter : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies Also, how large of an isolation tank should I have for the fish I have listed? I was thinking of adding everyone extremely slowly with the Danios first and the Shark last (I was thinking something in the range of 10 to 20). Still having issues with lighting choices so that the plants grow nicely. I'm thinking I might go with an LED light hood but I'm having issues finding one with the proper dimensions. Again, would welcome hardy and possibly low light plant suggestions. Finally found the right wattage I would need to properly heat the tank (1000w). Any tips/tricks are thoroughly welcomed (thinking I may build the aquarium myself $900+ for just the tank...yikes!) :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom