Cameroon Armoured shrimp missing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bassplayerash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last week a purchased a Cameroon Armoured shrimp it was fine for a couple of days but i haven't seen him since. I have checked everywhere in the tank, under ornaments/ plants etc. there is only a small gap at the back of my tank which has a waterfall filter in so it so it seems unlikely he can jump out. Please help?!

What else is in the tank? I keep them but know they're great escape artists! Have you checked behind the tank? Has it maybe squeezed into a decoration?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They are great at hiding, mine can disappear for days, with them being so pale as well they're hard to spot. It will take a while for them to get the courage to come out in the open too, try having a look late at night.

Thanks for the response. The ornaments i have do have some tight spots so i'm thinking he may be in them, this is my first time keeping them and just got a bit worried as they're not cheap. I keep gouramis, black widow tetras and a bristle nose pleco but none of them are big enough to eat a shrimp that size

Back
Top Bottom