Canister Filter randomly stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wtayjay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I've had an Eheim 2211 filter going for about 3 weeks. Randomly it has stopped working. It hardly any suction so water is not passing through very quickly. I've checked the tubes for kinks and made sure it was not clogged up. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Any thoughts?

I'm not familiar with Eheim filters as I have a rena, but mine is in the top of the filter. I just have to open it up and twist a little cover plate to gain access. YouTube is an awesome resource for this. This might help, it shows disassembly of a 2215.

Eheim 2215 Impeller Modification: http://youtu.be/oqEGFh4MM5I

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not familiar with Eheim filters as I have a rena, but mine is in the top of the filter. I just have to open it up and twist a little cover plate to gain access. YouTube is an awesome resource for this. This might help, it shows disassembly of a 2215.

Eheim 2215 Impeller Modification: Eheim 2215 Impeller Modification - YouTube

Thanks. I tried that. Impeller seems to be fine to me. Put it back together and still doesn't work. Now what?

I would take out all the media/baskets and see if it will run then. You do have some output right?

Does it have an adjustable flow rate that someone may have altered?

Does it have an adjustable flow rate that someone may have altered?

It does not. I have it in a cabinet under the tank. Is that a height problem? But like I said, it has worked fin for 3 weeks until now.

It does not. I have it in a cabinet under the tank. Is that a height problem? But like I said, it has worked fin for 3 weeks until now.

I would check eheim's website or call customer service to see if this is something simple, past that is look into what kind of warranty they have. Best thing I can figure is that your motor isn't spinning the impeller at full speed. Another thing to consider/double check is the minimum/maximum distance required between the tank and the canister. I know my rena is something like a minimum of 30 inches and a maximum of 60 or something like that. Have you run a snake through the hoses? Tried running it with the spray bar removed?

Back
Top Bottom