Can't control algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pleco (make sure you have some wood for it), lots of pwc, cut down on the time of lighting each day (intensity doesn't matter), get some plants to use the nitrates. (java moss, java fern, and water sprite are pretty indestructible)

IvanMike said:
pleco (make sure you have some wood for it), lots of pwc, cut down on the time of lighting each day (intensity doesn't matter), get some plants to use the nitrates. (java moss, java fern, and water sprite are pretty indestructible)

I don't think pleco eat hair algae I have a lot of plants and that worries me on cutting back my light the plants I have are high light plants

Black Hair Algae Removal

There are some snails and fish that will consume the stuff. However, I would try to figure out what the root cause is. How big is the tank, what kind of plants are in it, what is your lighting, and what type(s) of ferts do you use?

adadkins1 said:
Black Hair Algae Removal

There are some snails and fish that will consume the stuff. However, I would try to figure out what the root cause is. How big is the tank, what kind of plants are in it, what is your lighting, and what type(s) of ferts do you use?

Well its a 35g hex with ludwigia, java moss, chain sword, micro sword, red melon onion plant, and 2 plants I forget the lighting is a t5(ho)4x24 set at 10 hours a day and I'm using seachem comprehensive till fri then co2

CO2 should help pretty well. I set mine up two days ago and there is a drastic difference of algae in my tank now. I would wait until the CO2 is running before you buy more fish, unless you are really wanting the fish.

Back
Top Bottom