Cant Find Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night while feeding my fish I did a once over to make sure all 7 danios were there, well theywere but when I woke this morning to feed them I can only find 6 of them. I counted a few times to make sure I didnt miss count but still came up with 6, my problem is I cant find the body on the gravel. Could one of the other fish eaten the body? I have cories and a Gourami in the tank.

I've had 5 out of 8 neon's tetras just VANISH, many weeks later I found some vertebra in the tank. My tank is barebottom so I can check for bodies from both above and below - if there were a body in there I'm sure I would have seen it. So long story short - yes, the other fish could have consumed the remains.

Danios are expert jumpers which also makes them expert carpet surfers. It's also possible that the missing danio is still in your tank. Sometimes I will not see a particular one for a week only to have it pop out one day at feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom