Carnival Goldfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkymom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:( I was at the County Fair tonight and of course they had the game where you can win goldfish. It just broke my heart to see all those goldfish in bags being swung around by little kids. And I know that most of those goldfish are going to end up in fish bowls and probably dying within the next 6 months. It's totally cruel in my opinion. People wouldn't do that with a rabbit or a cat or a dog. Just had to vent.

Yeah, its quite cruel. I often wonder why PETA and all those animal "saving" groups get on fairs and circuses for their treatment of the large animals, and never say a word about the goldfish. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me...

if you go read the "lifespan" link on goldfishinfo.com, there are more posts than you can count from people who won goldfish at fairs or carnivals and had them live on for years and years and years....

I was ready to kick my friends butt last weekend, because he decided to give the "gift" of a goldfish to someone...had the darn thing in the car for 6 hours....but the lil bugger lives on.

They're tough! Not that I necessarily approve of giving away fishies...but I like to believe that the kids who win 'em will take care of 'em!

Back
Top Bottom