Centre piece for 55g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deano320

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a planted 55g tank, im looking some suggestions for a nice centrepiece for my tank! I had a pair of Gold severums but they were uprooting and eating all my live plants so my friend took them for his tank, so atm my stocklist is -

1 x Golden gaurami
1 x Anglefish
1 x Sailfin molly
3 x Bleeding heart tetra
4 x rummynose tetras
7 x Harlequin barbs

Ph: 7 - 7.5
Temp: 26/27

Any suggestions what i could add?? Would a pair of threadfin acara be nice? Of a group of discus?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a planted 55g tank, im looking some suggestions for a nice centrepiece for my tank! I had a pair of Gold severums but they were uprooting and eating all my live plants so my friend took them for his tank, so atm my stocklist is -

1 x Golden gaurami
1 x Anglefish
1 x Sailfin molly
3 x Bleeding heart tetra
4 x rummynose tetras
7 x Harlequin barbs

Ph: 7 - 7.5
Temp: 26/27

Any suggestions what i could add?? Would a pair of threadfin acara be nice? Of a group of discus?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, your numbers are off. You should have at least 5 of the bleeding hearts and a minimum of 5 of the rummynose. The golden gourami may be too aggressive for the tetras and harlequins so you may deal with that down the line. If you were to bump up the numbers of tetras to the correct amount, aqadvisor is showing it at 80% stocked. You don't have enough room for discus, and the temperatures won't match for the fish you have. Threadfin acaras can get really aggressive towards one another if you don't have a mated pair...and if you do they'll be aggressive towards everything else. If you went with one threadfin acara it still might be too aggressive for the tetras and harlequins. You could get away with raising the number of your tetras to 5 each and add a blue acara or electric blue acara and that'd put you at fully stocked.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Striped peacock eel, they never hide, they ALWAYS swim around after 2-3 days and add a lot of color to the tank!

Back
Top Bottom