Circulation Basics 101

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any news on the new spray bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Woohoo! Seller has extra spray bar sections and is sending them to me. A whopping $6.

Since the bar will be longer the pressure will be lower. I am thinking about putting a 1/4 diameter acrylic rod in the spraybar just to bring the pressure back up a bit. Since the holes are angled up, it should not block the flow.

What do you think?

Woohoo! Seller has extra spray bar sections and is sending them to me. A whopping $6.

Since the bar will be longer the pressure will be lower. I am thinking about putting a 1/4 diameter acrylic rod in the spraybar just to bring the pressure back up a bit. Since the holes are angled up, it should not block the flow.

What do you think?

Woop! Sounds good. Just be careful there isn't too much back pressure on the pump head that may shorten it's life. Other than that should be ok

Well I extended the spray bar and cleaned the pump very well and removed a bit of media the max the flow and still was not impressed with water movement. So I bought a small circulation pump that was suggested. I may have to move a few things but I think I'm better off now.
This is with the spraybar and pump. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469406710.231785.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1469406734.536194.jpg
https://youtu.be/OR1es3PpW68

And here is a short video.

I just have to watch my betta. There is about a 1/4 of the tank on the upper right where the flow is a bit lower. This is usually where he hangs out. I don't want to blow him around.

29g fresh with Betta, Kuhli's, Neons, Denison Barbs, ADF, Mystery and Nerite Snails.

Some plants: Anubias, Java Fern, mosses and other misc.

Back
Top Bottom