Cleaning RCS Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WBAC88

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 2.5 gallon tank that I set up with the help of you good people here at Aquarium Advice that has a filter, a heater, some Red Cherry Shrimp, a couple of snails and some floating plants. It's going relatively well, but now that it's a couple weeks along, I'm having some trouble getting the **** thing clean. There are good-sized pebbles on the bottom and the best solution I've come up with is to put cheese cloth over the edge and pour out as much as I can.

The problem is that this leaves a good amount of sediment in among the gravel, so it never gets crystal clean. I'm worried about sucking up the shrimp if I use a siphon method (I have a 25' Aqueon water changer, but for reasons I won't go into here, it won't work with this tank, especially with cheese cloth over the end to keep the shrimpies safe).

So, what I'm asking is: does anyone have any suggestions for a way to clean the tank that's safe for all concerned, particularly the shrimp? I'm not opposed to buying a new piece of equipment, but I just don't know what would do it at this point. Thanks in advance,

Andy

Back
Top Bottom