Cloudy 30 gallon tank - tried treating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshfishguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 30 gloom is really cloudy tried accu clear help i have guest coming on Saturday hurry

You can try doing multiple water changes, but we need more information. What's the tank size, what's your stock, what are the levels of ammonia/nitrite/nitrate? And lastly what are you testing with?

Yes it's been cycled just added new fish and before that it was crystal clear

Yes it's been cycled just added new fish and before that it was crystal clear

Okay, might be a bacteria bloom, what is your stock now? What are your water parameters? And how long has your tank been set up and hold long has it been cycled?

How did you cycle the tank? What are your readings on ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? These are the keys here :)

How did you cycle the tank? What are your readings on ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? These are the keys here :)

These questions as well as what filter and filter media are you running would help greatly in finding out what's up with your tank

Your tank is not cycled. 1.0 ppm nitrite is a dangerous level for fish. What you have is a bacterial bloom. It will clear on its own with time. In the mean time you need to do partial water changes to get your tank below 0.25p nitrite.

Your tank is not cycled. 1.0 ppm nitrite is a dangerous level for fish. What you have is a bacterial bloom. It will clear on its own with time. In the mean time you need to do partial water changes to get your tank below 0.25p nitrite.

+1

And OP did you test for ammonia?

Does it look any better form the last pics

Attachments

• image-340926409.jpg
    image-340926409.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2994514158.jpg
    image-2994514158.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 61
The cloudiness is really secondary to the other issues, which are ammonia and nitrite poisoning. It will clear with time and is a normal part of setting up a new tank.

It is really important that you get an ammonia test kit, and keep both ammonia and nitrite down below 0.25ppm.

This article explains the nitrogen cycle and what cycling a tank is, and what it entails when you have fish in the tank already. It may aid in understanding since it seems like that may be a point of confusion here:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

I don't have ammonia testers maybe I will pick some up

OP means Original Poster, aka you haha, sorry I get used to using abbreviations. Definitely need an ammonia test. And I assume you have the test strips, they are very inaccurate, I strongly suggest picking up a liquid test kit. Something like the API liquid master test kit

Back
Top Bottom