cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbles3585

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 36 gallon tank with 2 guppies and 2 platys and over the past 2 days my water has went from clear to cloudy and I can't figure out y. Any ideas?

how long has your tank been set up? is it cycled? how long are your lights on a day?

The tank has been set up for about a month now. I added fish a week after letting the filter run like the people at petsmart told me to do which I know now was the wrong way to do it. The lights r on for about 11 hours a day, I feed them 1 time a day, and I'm not sure what type of filter it is. It came with the tank

By type I mean is it a hang on, an under gravel, a canister etc etc. Do you have live plants? Even with live plants that's way too much light. You really only need the light on 8hrs or so if you have live plants. If you don't, honestly the lights only need to be on when you want to see them. Too much light will just make algae down the road.

The tank has been set up for about a month now. I added fish a week after letting the filter run like the people at petsmart told me to do which I know now was the wrong way to do it. The lights r on for about 11 hours a day, I feed them 1 time a day, and I'm not sure what type of filter it is. It came with the tank

Back
Top Bottom