CO2 Regulaor Setup HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

So i got my co2 tank. I have the milwuakee co2 regulator and an inline diffuser. Ive looked at a bunch of different help articles, but im still confused.

Where does the line come out of? The top of the bubble counter?

I filled it with vegetable oil to see the bubbles, i assume that is okay?

Can someone hook me up to a link with a setup guide? I know ive seen a good one on here, but cant seem to find it!

Thanks!

Which inline diffuser did you get? I'm in the process of ordering stuff to build mine.

Also, pretty sure the guide says it, be sure to do check valves before and after the bubble counter.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Why vegetable oil in the bubble counter? Wouldn't you just use water?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I only use vegetable oil for cooking. This may be one of those times when asking is better than google??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I only use vegetable oil for cooking. This may be one of those times when asking is better than google??

Ive seen numerous people use it. Water will evaporate, and vegetable oil allows you to see the water better.

I don't believe the water will evaporate since its vapor pressure is so much lower than the operating pressure of the bubble counter.

I'm not 100% certain I'm right about that, though.

Water will evaporate which is why people use mineral oil in their bubble counter. Having said that, I bought a regulator from GLA which is not compatible with mineral oil according to the instructions, so I use water and replace it every 2-3 weeks. If your bubble counter is mineral oil compatible then go for it. I wouldn't use cooking oil.

Mineral oil makes a little more sense.. water still seems the most sensible to me though, if you can't be bothered to top off bc every couple months than a high tech tank may not be for you;)

It doesnt bother me. Just makes sense to put in veggie oil and not have it evaporate at all. Im sure it will be fine.

Unless your fish are allergic to veggie oil:p

Which gauges are you talking about that are barely moving? There shouldn't be too many moving pieces with it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Which gauges are you talking about that are barely moving? There shouldn't be too many moving pieces with it.
LOL. right. I do not know how the Milwaukee setup is, but I have about 800 PSI on the tank gauge and 30 PSI on the delivery gauge. They do not move much at all. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom