Confirmation On Why NOT to use Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my friends got me a birthday present of test strips for my aquarium. It was thoughtful, but ive had bad expirience with strips, so i kept them anyway. this morning i tested the water with my strips cuz my api kit is running low. It said my ammonia was WAY high, pH really low, and hardness really high. Confusion on the last 2, i know. I immediately panicked, and ran to tell my mom i needed to go to the fish store. I had school, of course. I ran up to my room as soon as i got home and tested the water again, strips. Same reading. I decided to check it with api. IT was perfect. And my mom bought me a used 20 gallon so i could house my little guys. For nothing. So for all you guys out there, thats why api is better. More accurate. Plus in the long run, its also a price saver.

Well yeah, i have a 20 gallon. But if you refer to my other build threads, youd guess mommy dear wont let me set it up for about 2 years...

So your strips said one thing and API said another. Then you conlcuded API is way better. But how did you confirm API was the more accurate test?

JCLJorgenson said:
So your strips said one thing and API said another. Then you conlcuded API is way better. But how did you confirm API was the more accurate test?

API just has better results. It's a widely known fact that strips give inaccurate results. They're made cheaper with lower quality things.

Back
Top Bottom