could I get an African Dwarf frog with my setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking of getting a dwarf frog with my setup in my sig, planning on getting some shrimp and rainbows in the future will they all be ok with each other no one will eat each other etc? does this species of frog grow big?

I think you would be fine, the gold nugget poses the largest threat to the ADF. But I did have 2 ADF's in with my gold nugget for almost a year. You will have to feed the ADF by target feeding it so that it gets enough food with the other fish.

how large to they grow and what is the best foods and method to feed?

ADF's stay under 2", not to be confused with an ACF which will get to be 4-6" and should not be kept with fish IMO.

I fed mine frozen bloodworms. I used a turkey baster, fed the fish and then target fed the ADF with the turkey baster. I fed them once a day. Small amounts.

I have an ADF that does great with a similar community (no plecos though). He likes dark places to hide, but he's actually quite active & spends a lot of time swimming around the top. He is completely ignored by the fish, for the most part. I do as Zags suggested and target feed him bloodworms and tubifex worms with a turkey baster, otherwise he will not get enough food. I almost starved mine when I first got him because I didn't know he wouldnt get enough food.

last night my yoyo was the most interested in him not bothing him but going up to him to figure out what the heck is this lol. so far so good and I also got me a black khulie loach as well

pair,

update:
I targeted some frozen blood worms and dried, there all around him but hes not eating in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom