Critique my stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heyheyitsrae said:
Funniest thing happened on my daily visit to petco. I had brought my yorkie puppy and an employee who I somewhat knew came up to coo over her. She ended up being my cashier and offered me some hornwort! Apparently she brought it in from her own aquarium. Needless to say, I accepted.

Great deal! So some free hornwort with whatever you bought at the store? Sounds like a plan :)

Update on my free plants: there are these little floating leaf things... What are they?

Attachments

• image-783620357.jpg
    image-783620357.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image-889812657.jpg
    image-889812657.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 76
It's hard to tell from the pictures. Are they kinda round leaves or stringy? Round leaves = Duckweed, stringy = Riccia. Duckweed isn't the worst thing in the world but it can take over tanks and never go away :(

I bought some brine shrimp today until I can find some live black worms or something. I definitely saw the "girl" eat one. I also bought another hopeful girl and am planning on moving the harlequins soon.

DragonFish71 said:
If you were talking to me, I had them in their own 10g, 2 pairs, lots of plants, DW logs that I hollowed out with a drill, black sand and a few cherry shrimp.

Did you have success with breeding them? How did you acquire the females?

I almost completely redid everything. Added a couple of java ferns tied to drift wood and took out the harlequins. I think I'll add some rcs and a little java moss. How do y'all like it?

Attachments

• image-251611893.jpg
    image-251611893.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 66
And like, wrap it around? I'm not very confident in my ability to do this well. I had to have help tying java fern to my driftwood last night.

Take the PVC. Put the Java Moss on top. Then place that combo on top (in the middle preferably) of a long string. Bring the strands up and tie a knot. You got it! :D

And trust me. I need help with Java Fern and driftwood most times...

Thanks! I figured it out. This is what it looks like now, I'm hoping it grows on me because right now I'm not too fond. I Actually have The anubias covering It from the front so I don't have too look at it haha. I've seen my females checking it out.

Attachments

• image-2378949507.jpg
    image-2378949507.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 59
heyheyitsrae said:
Thanks! I figured it out. This is what it looks like now, I'm hoping it grows on me because right now I'm not too fond. I Actually have The anubias covering It from the front so I don't have too look at it haha. I've seen my females checking it out.

I think it will look great! You actually encouraged me to put this in my tank. Not sure where yet haha. Give the Moss some time. It will fill in and you won't even remember there is PVC there!

Predfan27 said:
I think it will look great! You actually encouraged me to put this in my tank. Not sure where yet haha. Give the Moss some time. It will fill in and you won't even remember there is PVC there!

If I could re-do it I'd probably get a couple of the baby ones instead. But other than that I'm liking it I think? There's a "curtain" over the ends, should I thin that out?

Attachments

• image-4241354827.jpg
    image-4241354827.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom