Dead Horseface Loach :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllyH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I came home from school today to find my favorite fish, my Horseface loach, dead. I quickly tested my water and my parameters were perfect (0,0,5), temp at 78 and no signs of anything wrong with my 6 Kuhli loaches or 6 guppies. I never saw her eat, but horsefaces are pretty shy and eat at night. There were always enough high quality sinking pellets and flakes to get to. She was about 3 or 4 inches long, so she was just a juvie. She was in a group with the 6 Kuhlis so is couldn't have been stress from being alone. She was active and swam around with the Kuhlis every day since I got her on February 21 of this year. Are there any possibilities of what the cause of her death? I'm totally heartbroken and any opinions are welcome. She had plenty of hiding places and plants and soft sand to burrow in if she wanted to.
My Kuhlis and Guppies are being active at the moment, but I'm afraid something is going to happen to them. So my question is, what did I do wrong? I thought I was doing everything right. Should I do a big water change? Should I clean my decorations and plants? Is anything going to happen to my other fish? If I did something wrong, PLEASE tell me, I'm a new fishkeeper and I didn't do my research on Horsefaces before I got her, she just decided to sneak into the net with the Kuhlis at the LFS and I was told their care was the same. Please help!

Attached is a photo of when I first got her. (Which I think is upside down sorry)
Also, I don't know if she was a female, but I've always just said 'she' anyways because she had a female name. If 'she' was actually male and you're good a sexing fish please tell me!
Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm typing as fast as I can with no time to proofread.

Is it possible it could have been sick or had a parasite from when you got it? That a good possibility especially if it was wild caught.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think that might have been it :( thank you

Back
Top Bottom