deals deals deals....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i had a great weekend.. i went to a swap meet and got some pretty good deals.. 1 25-foot python for $17, im pretty sure this will help make my water changes a lot easier.. i hope :lol: 3 kribs $18 :( not too cheap but still beats buying them @ retail price.. 3 angelfish $3, 4 neon danios, i had never seen these before, the man selling them assured me they werent painted or dyed in any form, he said their offspring also carry the same gene that makes them red in color $10.. 4 panda cory for $6, and last 4 neon rainbow fish for $10... and i went in there knowing i wanted to buy gravel for my 55 gal. i saw a man selling gravel for $3 10lb bags, i didnt want to have to carry it around so i decided to wait, about 45 mins before the swap ended i went back and he was giving them, away!! needless to say i left with about 100 lbs of the stuff :lol:

The neon danios are not painted or injected, you're right. Those are the genetically modified danios, the "glofish", if I'm not mistaken. Since they are genetically modified, they do pass the gene on to their offspring.

Sounds like you found some good deals this weekend! :D

still spent about $75 though.. :roll: my gf didnt seem to thinks so.. i told her it was better than buying @ retail prices.. there was soo many nice cichlids there, i wish i had my 125 gallon already... **cough** cough* i think i feel a little MTS coming along..

xIHaKIx
you should look into it, there might be a club or society somewhere near you...

Sati
it was tons of fun.. they have a custom made 86 gallon tall for i think $65!!! there was sooooo many nice fish there i wish i would of had more tanks cycled and ready to take them all!! :lol:
talloulou
i hope so.. my gf is getting tired of seeing trails of water leading from the bedroom to the washroom to the kitchen.. :)

Well it will definitely make the water changes faster and less back breaking then dealing with moving buckets full of water. However I still occasionally get splishes and sploshes of water on the floor with my python...... :oops: Sometimes the python makes things too easy and you get distracted. I once did almost an 85% water change by accident :oops:

i dont think there is a specific name, but try to google for any clubs or societies. once you find them you can find out more info through them..

8O :oops: im really sorry about that, i totally forgot.. next month their is going to be another one, check out this link www.gwasoc.org they also have other links to other clubs and organizations in chicago and surrounding states. hey im really sorry about that i cant believe forgot.. i'll be there for sure, i've never been to their swap meets but i went to their last auction and it was a blast.. they had all kinds of stuff you dont really see too often @ pet shops..

Back
Top Bottom