Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-06-2002, 06:58 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Dec: Let's hear about the bargains you've found.

Ok folks, if you come across some excellent deals, bargains, specials sales coupon codes etc...here is your place to share with fellow reefers. Seen a price online, that is too good not to share? Well, put it here. This applies to LFS as well, make sure you tell us where we can save some money

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 09:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

bargin in buffalo NY

If anyone lives around buffalo ny you can get a 75 gallon topfin aquarium with glass hood and light for $109.00

Old 12-08-2002, 09:41 AM   #3

Oh, I forgot to say where. "The fish place" is the name of the store. located in n. tonawanda.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:21 PM   #4

I'm retired & everything you hear about us sr. citizens is absolutely true. WE ARE CHEAP. I've always found the best bargains are found at our local aquarium club meetings auction that usually comes at the end of the meeting. Someone (me included) is always bringing in locally bred fish, used equipment, food, even tanks. You can catch an interesting speaker, meet fellow hobbyists, & learn something new........Rich
Old 12-12-2002, 02:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Petco has advertised a 26 gallon bowfront with wooden stand w/door, filtration and heater for 199...sounded pretty good to me
Old 12-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #6

I was talking to a person who said that once a year, petco sells tanks (just tanks) for $1 per gal. (I.E, 90 gal=$90, 100 gal= $100, 1 gal= $1!)
I'm not sure when this happens because I live in a fairly remote town, I think the nearest petco is in Eugene.. maybe Corvallis, I'm not sure...
When I was on vacation in Paris, they had really cheap lr... It was about .50 cents per lb in U.S money..
Well that's all I can think of,
Holly
ps. I got lr that much in a store once, put they were just about to stop selling sw, so it was kinda like a clearance.
And above all
Have a nice day!
ClownLoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 01:17 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Chicagoland

If you live in the Chicagoland area and are looking for a new tank, do not miss Tropi-Quatics in Lombard on Main Street. I looked everywhere for a new tank and found a 72 gal bowfront, stand, light and split glass top for $400. I didn't find anywhere from Aurora to Wrigleyville that sold it all that cheap. Don't bother with fish from there, though.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:21 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Aquarium Filters

If you are looking for Penguin Emporer filters, check http://www.foryourfish.com I got 16 for like $41 shipped in about three days. Locally here it's like 4 for $16.99 or so, so I was pretty happy.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:24 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to mitche8359
One online place that a friend here at work told me about is www.thatpetplace.com. I checked out the prices and was very happy with them. Drift wood is a great price. Sure you don't get to select the piece yourself, but I paid 25% what the lfs was asking for a similar piece. Good prices on some other things as well.

55 gal fresh - planted 2wpg ~ Eheim eco filter ~ south american theme
java moss - misc anubia - amazon sword - Red rubin sword - tennellus chain swords
4 ottos, 1 pleco, 3 high fin white tetras, 3 Black Phantom Tetras, 1 high fin black tetra, 1 black tetra, 2 diamond tetras, 3 yoyos

Join the Ohio Regional Forum and share information with local enthusiasts
Vote for Aquarium Advice Today
mitche8359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 07:10 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Chrismac
My sister gave me her 10 gallon,
I got rid of the bright blue rocks she used and put a light fixture in it. I did have a 15 watt floresent on it but put in an incondesent last night.
not a bad little tank I plan on changing the filteration aswell i want to put an aqua-clear in it instead of the canister filter.
and I plan on planting it later on when i get a better floresent fixture for it,
Old 01-26-2003, 03:33 AM   #11

3 10 gallons yard sale $15 with everything
1 29 galllon yard sale $20 no stand gota a tv stand $10 for it
1 30 gallon classfied ads everything $50
but the best is my 55 GAL. $20 yard sale

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com