deciding to go with real plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steeledarren

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi there i have decided to go with some real plants, i know alot of you have and they look good, i am thinking of some anarchis for the back of my tank, and some java fern fo the middle. with some real moss balls in for the **** of it, i believe all of these to be beginner plants. is this true? as i am still a beginner, also how shall i plant them, and do i need one of those co2 diffuser thingys, or fertilizer, i am new and need a little help

Those plants are indeed beginner/easy plants and will grow in just about any light. You won't need a co2 diffuser or fertilizers.

For the ancharis, it will probably in a bunch which is just a bundle of stems...I would plant 3-4 stems together and just push them into your gravel/sand. The java fern needs to be above the gravel/sand so usually its tied to wood or a rock or something. The moss balls you can just rest them on the gravel/sand.

Welcome to the world of real plants. :)

in cooler water with medium light, anacharis will grow huge... even in a lower light tank with a higher temp, it grows extremely fast and you'll be pruning it often, which is great for filling in as a background. for the java fern, its a pain to get it to root in to your substrate, i've tried for months to get mine to, but the ones i tied to driftwood are already rooted

thankyou, this site is great, you can ask anything and you will get a good answer, thankyou

Back
Top Bottom