Difference between TOPFIN dechlorinator and conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MiamiCuse

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There are two different products:

Top Fin® Water Conditioner
Product description says "Instantly treats tap water, removes harmful chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals."

and

pPETS-3763658t400.jpg

Top Fin® Tap Water Dechlorinator
Product description says "Removes chlorine, chloramine and heavy metals in existing aquariums or ponds."

I don't understand, reading the descriptions, the difference is "instantly"? One does it instantly and one does it what? slowly?

or is it "harmful"? One removed only the harmful chlorine, the other ones removes all kinds of chlorine, even the not so harmful ones?

:confused::confused::confused:

They will both remove chlorine or chloramine from your tap water. They will both do it instantly. I use a small pump in my new-water bucket to mix the water around for a few minutes when I add dechlorinator. It doesn't hurt to mix/stir/aerate the water when you add the dechlor.

From comparing the ingredients, both products have sodium thiosulfate, the ingredient that actually removes the chlorine/chlorimine. The Water Conditioner has a few more ingredients that probably function to enhance the fish's slime coat.

Although you won't go wrong with either product, I would recommend Prime from Seachem. It will cost more at first but it's very economical - I think it took me a year to go through 100 ml.

Seachem. Prime

Back
Top Bottom