diy co2 bubble counter out of an iv?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was thinking while watching House about those iv things that measure the amount of drugs a person gets, about using them for a co2 bubble counter? One problem I foresee is that on the iv, fluid flows down with the flow of gravity, while in a bubble counter, the gas flows up and the fluid stays there. Thoughts?

Easier to just use a small plastic bottle, and a piece of rigid airline tubing I think. Unless you have a source of medical supplies?

My dad works at a hospital, but I don't know if they just hand those out.. or if they're disposable (I think they are though)

Easier to just use a small plastic bottle, and a piece of rigid airline tubing I think. Unless you have a source of medical supplies?

I have been playing around with a plastic s-shaped twin bubbler air lock from my wine making stuff. It's about $1 at any wine making store. Seems to make a decent bubble counter. Just had to adapt a hose to the top port. Should be perfect for most DIY setups. Hey, it works on the wine.
Here's a link for a similar one.
Three Piece and Twin Bubble Fermentation Air Locks - Wine Making Superstore!

Jim, interesting idea... I like it. You should buy a hundred of them and sell under the name "aquarium co2 bubble counter". You could get $7 each for 'em! Amazing how expensive it gets when it is aquarium related.

Co2 safe tubing for example, you can buy online for as little as $0.22 / ft. But when you attach the word aquarium to it it jumps up to a dollar or
More per ft.

Back
Top Bottom