Do fish just become finicky eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
My angel used to gobble up these cichilid pellets I got for him. Lately though he takes them in and spits them out. It seems he ONLY wants to eat flakes and bloodworms (I give the main tank the left over puffer worms)

I really feel hes not getting enough food but Im not just going to dump more flakes in the tank and soil the water.

Anyone have any tips?

thanks

I had a similar issue with my fish. Someone advised me that my food might've gone stale. Sure enough, new/fresh food made a difference. I don't but the larger containers anymore for this reason.

Alternatively, you could try pre-soaking the pellets for a minute or two to soften them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Stop feeding the flakes and bloodworms, sounds like he may like them more and has decided to be stubborn with the pellets since he knows he'll eventually get the flakes and bloodworms, which aren't nearly as nutritious.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. All fish can become picky, especially as the owners care and worry so feed them their favourites. Older fish don't seem to need so much food anyway as they're not eating to grow. When I've been away for a weekend ALL my fish feed especially well when I return. I suspect that I feed them too often and they can afford to be picky. Try not feeding the fish for a day and then just feed pellets. Tough love!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

This is why I feed live foods, it doesn't go bad and all fish love food that wiggles and jiggles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom