Do I NEED it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am starting a 5 gallon project, I was wondering if I needed a heater. It will be a heavily planted tank with a Betta, possibly RCS culls if needed. It will have medium-high light (closer to medium light though) and DIY CO2 (Until I save enough to get a good quality paintball set up).

So, do I need a heater? No special fish, just a Betta.

I know of many people keeping betta tanks without a heater- Jeta being one. As long as it dosent get too cold in your room your fine. What's the temp in your room usually like? Just an FYI, bettas like warmer temps, around 80 I believe:)

Yup, i dont keep a heater for my betta. He is perfectly fine. However, i do live in SoCal... Not sure about you

I had a betta in a 5 gallon without a heater. To be honest, the light that came with the tank kept the water at about 75 or so.

If you want to keep your betta's environment a steady temp, which is certainly ideal, then I do suggest a heater. I have an aqueon 50 watt in my 5g and it works beautifully, maintaining a cozy 80 degrees.

The house is around 77 degrees normally.

I'll skip the heater until I find a serious reason to get one. Thank you all so much for the help!!

Hell be fine but he will be much more active with a heater
I used to have my Betta in a community tank and it was very active only problem was I had guppies

Back
Top Bottom