Do you watch your fish eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellawson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I usually watch to make sure all my fish get their share at feeding time but I haven't really intently watched them before until today. Its Thursday frozen bloodworm day (happy day for the fish :yum:). I noticed that Cories eat the worms like they're slurping spaghetti how funny! Just thought it would be nice to share that without getting a blank stare and the usual "uh ok?" I usually get when I rattle on about my fish.:D

I watch them for a little bit until I see that everyone is eating and in good health but on occasion ill sit and actually view their behavior and it is pretty funny

It winds up taking me an hour to feed all the tanks cause I tend to get drawn into watching them at almost every tank! The cory spaghetti thing is funny!

I watch most of mine eat just to make sure everyones healthy and accounted for. Sometimes I'll sit and watch them finish up.

A few weeks ago when I was watching them eat I noticed that my cories were now coming to the top to eat food when previously they had just stayed at the bottom and scavenged. I guess they learned the freshest food was up top :)

I always watch my fish eat. I think it's probably the most entertaining part of owning fish.

I watch my fish eat. I find it very entertaining plus, its a good way to see if fish are sick.

If I have the time, I love to watch my fish eat. The rainbows attack the flakes so hard that I'm afraid they'll launch out of the water. The bettas sneak up on the flakes and suddenly snap them up. The pictus cat zooms around the tank, sucking up flakes like a vacuum cleaner. The cories sit on top of the flake and nibble away at it. The cherry shrimp pick away. I know, I'm a dork, but I can sit and watch my fish for about an hour at a time.

I love watching my little neons eat. Especially when the flakes get caught in the filter flow and they chase them around like mad!

One of my favorite pastimes! Feeding my endler's bloodworms is HILARIOUS! They can't quite get the whole thing in their mouth, but they aren't about to let it go so someone else can have it, so they swim around like little dogs with sticks. :D I even watch my snail eat LOL. I of course watch the bettas, to make sure they get their pellets in their attack of everything surrounding the pellet. The emerald corys dart up to the surface SUPER fast trying to knock the flakes down to the bottom, and when they get the flakes on the bottom, they swish their bodies around to churn them up. I love my fish!!! ;)

i make sure my fish al get some food, but then i think it's rude to watch them eat. i hate it when i'm eating something nice and my daughter is sat licking her lips in a deliberate hint when she's just had some too but wants more.
it's also kinda creepy when i'm eating my frosted flakes and suddenly aware that i've forgotten to feed the fishies.......i turn around and they're all watching me!!! man that's creepy!.....plus it makes me feel guilty. i always say "yeah, in a minute, i'll feed you when i've finished." but i always end up putting my bowl down halfway through to go feed the fish!

haha thats a good story, i watch my fish eat all the time, they are so used to it, and i swear they put on a show for me. i sometimes just put in one big flake to see how many bites it'll take :)

I sometimes watched my fish eat, but i do every feeding time to make sure my frog gets some blood worms

I watch my fish eat, it is really cool to watch him chase the brine shrimp all over. I like watching him hunt for snails too but it is kind of hard to watch him eat them because I like the snails just as much as him lol. I love sitting and watching him for a while, but I am bummed out because I don't ever see him explore or anything. He just watches me and then floats around like a balloon lol. No he isn't sick I mean he just hangs out with me at the glass. Hopefully he isn't lonely :( I will be getting my otos next week but I don't think that he will interact with them like that.

I got a few new fish recently, so I've been watching them eat carefully. I just like to make sure they actually come out and eat. I did switch from pellets to flakes the other day to switch it up a bit. All of the fish went crazy. It was cool to watch.

Back
Top Bottom