Dwarf puffer cannot find it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any help would be appreciated.

I've called EVERY fish store in the tristate area! EVERYONE I even called a few in Rockland county nobody has them. They has gsp or figure 8's or other puffers. Bit not dwarfs. Trying to find a puffer for my wife. She wants a nice planted tank.

Edit.

They all have other puffers and are telling me there in fresh water tanks with other fish and eating frozen food with no problems. I read that say the gap is gonna need brackish and eventually marine setup. These people are confusing me.

I could be wrong but I think dwarf Puffers need FW. All the others need brackish, eventually SW...if I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

It really just depends on the species as far as there specific requirements. But as far as dwarfs go they need full FW. From what I know about them they can be just as aggressive as some of the larger species so make sure you don't over crowed them.

The only place iv seen them for sale is aquabid under the All Others category and there usually called pea puffers.

Hope this helps! Good luck, puffers are awesome!

kelbaker79 said:
I'm not going to lie Con, you've got me kind of wanting some now. Lol!

Haha! Well if it's worth anything. I was totally against it and now my wife has me hunting for these little guys! :)

We're on our way to a few stores now and petco for there dollar a gallon sale :)

Convict2161 said:
Haha! Well if it's worth anything. I was totally against it and now my wife has me hunting for these little guys! :)

We're on our way to a few stores now and petco for there dollar a gallon sale :)

Haha! That's great!! Pics, pics, pics!! You guys have fun!

Waterbury Aquarium has various puffers. Waterbury, CT is not too bad of a haul if you do it on a Saturday and fit in some other stops along the way.

Have you been to that fish place? It has a huge selection! I have been looking, for a store to special order, I will have to go to the hidden reef, I didn't know that!
I havent been there yet (that fish place)! I have heard alot of good things about them though! The Fish Factory (tiny mom & pop place a mile from the reef) is also willing to order fish for you as well.

jlk said:
I havent been there yet (that fish place)! I have heard alot of good things about them though! The Fish Factory (tiny mom & pop place a mile from the reef) is also willing to order fish for you as well.

Oh really, I have never heard of the fish factory, do they have a website?

Are any of these places anywhere near me? Or did this thread go way off topic? I'm in Westchester NY.

Back
Top Bottom