EMERGENCY - need advice ASAP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogMom37

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I did a water change today & put my tank heater in my new water to help warm it up. I cranked up the temp so it would warm up quicker & forgot to turn it back down when I put it back in my tank. My tank water is now NINETY-TWO, yes 92, degrees & I’m freaking out & don’t know what to do. How fast/slow do I need to decrease it back to usual? Should I add a gallon of 74 degree water to help bring it down some immediately or will it shock & kill them?!
PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!! ??

It is pretty late now compared to when you posted this earlier this evening.

Just temp match your water when you put it back into the tank out of the faucet. Messing with the temp on the heaters once they are set, is something I try to do very little of.

Any way just set the temp back to 78F or which ever temp you normally have and you do a 25-33% pwc and add slightly, like 2-4 degrees less, add a bucket, then wait a bit and add the next bucket of water but huge changes in temp aren't ideal.

You can let the water cool by itself.

The other option is to reduce 2 degrees per day, but that high of temp is too dangerous for the fish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom