Endler's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently in my 15 UK Gallon (18 US Gallon) tank I have:

8 x Harlequin Rasbora
6 x Panda Cory
1 x Honey Gourami

Could I have some Endler's Livebearers?
Would the fry get eaten in this tank, because I wouldn't want to be overrun by them?

The filtration is:

1 x Hagen Fluval U2
1 x Interpret PF 2 Duo

Thanks in advance! (y)

The fry won't get eaten. I think you could do four to five in there IMO, I'm good when it comes to choosing tankmates but when it comes to stocking I am very bad because I am not good with filters.

The only change, I think, of real fry control is the gourami... and I wouldn't count on it.

Maybe the rasboras would do a bit... but I am not sure how much. The corys won't be good fry control at all and I am pretty sure that Endlers don't eat their own fry (but I could be mistaken).

So short story long, I think the danger of fry is there for you.

You could get all males of Endlers though. That would solve your problem.

The gourami shouldn't eat the babies. If it's a honey DG I don't see why it should, my platy once had twenty fry and my honey DG didn't do anything to them.

Okay then, I will definitely get 4 (or 5?) male Endler's. Would there be an issue with aggression if they were all males?

AAAGH! I just got back from the LFS to get the Endlers and i ended with 8 instead of 5! He must have netted too many! Will this be an issue, or do you think I can get away with it? There's another problem... one of them is a female. Will she get pestered too much? And I don't want to be overrun with fry but its too far to take back to the LFS. I don't know what to do! :(

That must be an indication on how well they breed...I bout 3 females and one male and when I got home, I had 12 in the bag...8 babies...haha

Haha, wow, they really were randy Endlers! ;)
But mine aren't babies, the guy must have just netted 3 too many :/
Does anyone have any opinions on what I should do with the female? I can't return her or get more until next week (if that is even an option).

I agree with Mr. A...take her back or get way more females which means lots of babies...the preferred ratio is one male to 3 females to spread the attention around

Back
Top Bottom