Exchanges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know if Petco does even exchanges? The reason I am asking is my heater was making a ticking noise last night. So I unplugged it waited 20 minutes than took it out and looked at it and one of the clips was melted. Now this heater is brand new I bought it 3/12/14 I just can't find the receipt. I looked everywhere plus I have no clue how the clip melted I always turn the heater and filter off before water changes. And I always wait 20 minutes before doing one and I wait 25 minutes after to turn it back on. Thank you for reading this

Ty I was worried I can not believe I lost the receipt. I am very organized and I swear I put in the folder with all the other fish related receipts. I am going this afternoon to exchange it than. Ty again

If you have pals reward they should have a record, I know because I always misplace my receipts. I cant remember the length of time on their return policy but at my local Petco they have always been really good about working with me on exchanges.

I am curious to know what brand the heater is.
Also if you're turning it off during water changes, might give it 20minutes to acclimate to the water temp

I give it 25 minutes after I do the water change and I wait 20 minutes before doing a water change for it to cool down :) as I stated in my first post :). It is Aqueon 50 watt heater I have used them in the past with no problems

If Petco won't exchange it without the receipt, I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer. I would think the lot number would tell them when it was manufactured; thus, would provide proof that you are still within the manufacturer's warranty.

Ty I am heading to Petco now I need a heater no matter what as it is right now the temp outside is 32F and the tank is 73.5F wrapped with a blanket and a 7.5 w heater.

Don't panic! 73.5 isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. I like to keep my tanks around 76-77 but this winter was tough on my fishroom and there were many days where I couldn't get temp above low 70s.

I was able to exchange it for a new one and the tank is slowly going back up to 82F. It was at 68.9F when I got home poor froggies :(. They are starting to act normal again.

Back
Top Bottom