figure eight puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrous

Aquarium Advice FINatic
today i bought a small puffer fish that is about 1.5-2 inches long and i have it in my 5 gallon tank with 2 other small fish i think tetras is that a good idea
i do also have my 20 gallon tank with 2 african chiclids in it, the puffer and the chidlids are roughly the same size, should i keep the puffer in the 5 gallon or put him into the 20 gallon with the chiclids?

i think that puffers are supposed to be species only. If you wan't to keep him in the 5 gallon, then i would return the tetras.. and you will want to get some snails in that 5 gallon for him to much on. Also depending on what kind of puffer they may need brackish and eventually marine water.

Puffers are always recommended SPECIES ONLY.

He should not be in with any of them. Puffers are very aggresive and nippy fish. They should in a species only tank.

please do a search for figure 8 puffers and do some reaserch.. there is much more to keeping this fish then you reilize from the sounds of it..

I agree with greenmaji.

DO some research on the puffer. They get bigger (up to 3inches oaccording to liveaqiaria.com), too big for a 5gal tank (recommended is a 30gal!). Also, they are brackish... need salt in the water.

A 10 gallon is the minimum for one F8, and they're brackish fish (low end, so an easy one to keep as far as salt goes).

Back
Top Bottom