Fish numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisheatfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so cant seem to find anything or at least a straight answer to how many fish I should keep in my tank
Tank Is 60l+ (16g us) and the fish i currently have are 9 guppies and 2 balloon mollies.

how does this sound for fish numbers ? :fish2:

What filter are you running?
Thanks :facepalm:not exactly what i wanted to hear but I guess we all make mistakes
Running a 155gph filter at the moment also have some bogwood in the tank and plan to add some live plants.

this is a new tank with plastic plants ,gravel and bogwood from cycled tank , plan on running two filters on fish move

Hello fish...

The number of fish you have is fine, for now. You need to change half the water in the tank every week and get some floating plants too. Anacharis and Pennywort are best for Livebearing fish. Also, you need to add a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt to every 5 gallons of your replacement water. Livebearing fish will be healthier with a little salt. No table salt, it has additives that might harm your fish.

Livebearers are fast breeders in pure water conditions, so you need to make plans to get a larger tank, at least a 30 gallon and a 55 is best.

Just one reporter's opinion, though. Waterkeeping isn't an exact science and there are many ways to succeed.

B

Thanks for the advice I've already spoken to my local petshop about them taking the fry off my hands

Back
Top Bottom