Found the most outragous thing at petco today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan.Marie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay story time:

So i was looking into tanks for my apartment today and I always wander by the bettas because they are my favorite fish. Anyways While walking around the store I found a liter bottle of "Betta Water" for 4 bucks. It was outrageous. I hope people don't actually pay for that, because it is such a rip off and a it would cost like 20 bucks to fill up my tank with this so called "Betta water" when I can treat like 120 gallons of water with prime and salt for bucks. Geesh

Okay off my soapbox :) :soap:

I've seen that stuff before too.. not really sure of the benefits it offers, but I'm sure it's not worth the money.
Petco says
Pure, healthy PETCO Betta Water is environmentally friently and makes for simpler water changes. The oxygneated water promotes healthy fish in small non-aerated fish bowls. - One step water change,No chlorine or chloramine,No chemical additives,Super oxygenated
It would probably be good for people who keep their poor lil bettas in tiny bowls and vases and stuff like that, but not for people who keep them in tanks. :( poor fishies.

Ignorance is bliss. Especially for the chain stores.

people who keep there fishys in bowls better be changing the water at least twice a week then. which would get pricey with the water they sell after a while

what is this garbage i dont even:confused:..(steps up on soap box).:soap: ....bettas dont need oxigen in the water they have a labyrinth organ and breath air shure you should change the water once a week or so depending on how small of a bowl you have them in and maby add a drop or 2 of prime do dechlorinate but even if you keep then in an unfiltered 5gal tank with a heater they do amazing just lower the ph a bit with a dried indian almond or oak leaf even a small piece of wood. they do not need some sort of "fancy water".. i think what im trying to get at is ....BIGGEST RIP OFF EVER end of story

That is a total rip! It's probably some guy filling up these bottles in a bathroom sink. I bet it's just tap water with conditioner. I've never seen that stuff before.

no its 100% distiled water (pure H2O) that they have difused O2 in the water like you would CO2 in a planted tank then bottled and sold at an outragious mark up because its "special water" to put it in lamens terms this pet store has officialy polished a turd

It doesn't even make sense. Bettas don't need oxygenated water because they breathe from the surface. Just think of all the poor, misinformed souls that are sucked into using that stuff! Someone is getting rich!! :rolleyes:

Btw, Redruckus... "this pet store has officialy polished a turd" made me :lol:! Rep!

Back
Top Bottom