Freshwater basics water paramaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need of a list of all of the water levels where it should be like ph ect also where do you get your water from for a freshwater tank. I have a saltwater tank and I had a freshwater tank but my fish kept dying I don't think I had good water quality for the fish but I'm going freshwater again so what are all the water levels should be at

I need of a list of all of the water levels where it should be like ph ect also where do you get your water from for a freshwater tank. I have a saltwater tank and I had a freshwater tank but my fish kept dying I don't think I had good water quality for the fish but I'm going freshwater again so what are all the water levels should be at

Anyone that can help me

ph 7-8 but most fish will adjust to just about any level, as long as its stable. ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates need to be 20 or less ppm. have you tested your tap water? what test kit are you using?

0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, pH I don't bother measuring or adjusting as I assume it is fairly constant out of tap whatever the exact level is.

As far as nitrates even after larger water change I can't get it below 15. On color chart it reached very close to 40 once but usually around 20-30. Tank I on the heavy side as far as plants go. So far no casualties.

ph 7-8 but most fish will adjust to just about any level, as long as its stable. ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates need to be 20 or less ppm. have you tested your tap water? what test kit are you using?

No i was a kid that just wanted a tank and no nothing about water parameters now I oned 2 saltwater tanks and want a tropical planted freshwater tank any suggestions with nice fish I like rams and angels

Back
Top Bottom