Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Freshwater basics water paramaters

I need of a list of all of the water levels where it should be like ph ect also where do you get your water from for a freshwater tank. I have a saltwater tank and I had a freshwater tank but my fish kept dying I don't think I had good water quality for the fish but I'm going freshwater again so what are all the water levels should be at

Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarferg View Post
I need of a list of all of the water levels where it should be like ph ect also where do you get your water from for a freshwater tank. I have a saltwater tank and I had a freshwater tank but my fish kept dying I don't think I had good water quality for the fish but I'm going freshwater again so what are all the water levels should be at
Anyone that can help me

Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

ph 7-8 but most fish will adjust to just about any level, as long as its stable. ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates need to be 20 or less ppm. have you tested your tap water? what test kit are you using?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, pH I don't bother measuring or adjusting as I assume it is fairly constant out of tap whatever the exact level is.

As far as nitrates even after larger water change I can't get it below 15. On color chart it reached very close to 40 once but usually around 20-30. Tank I on the heavy side as far as plants go. So far no casualties.

125 Gallon , 55 Gallon
agrasyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquandrew View Post
ph 7-8 but most fish will adjust to just about any level, as long as its stable. ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrates need to be 20 or less ppm. have you tested your tap water? what test kit are you using?
No i was a kid that just wanted a tank and no nothing about water parameters now I oned 2 saltwater tanks and want a tropical planted freshwater tank any suggestions with nice fish I like rams and angels

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com