Fry tank params mess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just set up my fry tank a few days ago. Tested it today. Ammonia is a little high, but not too bad. Nitrite is not bad. PH is normal. Nitrate is 80. What on earth? It's only been up since Thursday night! Should I put the banana plant in the fry tank? It's for Cory cat fry.

Just set up my fry tank a few days ago. Tested it today. Ammonia is a little high, but not too bad. Nitrite is not bad. PH is normal. Nitrate is 80. What on earth? It's only been up since Thursday night! Should I put the banana plant in the fry tank? It's for Cory cat fry.

What are the exact numbers

Ammonia was .5, nitrite was .3, pH was 7.6, nitrate was 80.

Do a pwc...did you seed this tank? Remember cory fry are really sensitive to ammo, trites, and trates......so keep parameters ready so when mom lays those eggs the tank will be ready

I knew the nitrate especially would be real bad. I added bacteria to this tank just like I do for the main tank. Apparently it worked. Just my nitrates decided to go sky high. Would it help to put the banana plant in the fry tank? Or is that asking for disaster? Momma's fine. Just not laying yet. I'll do another pwc in the main tank tomorrow. Maybe that will get her going. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom