Funny fish stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muddlehead

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been browsing AA for several weeks now and i have learned alot from the forum visiting everyday, and i have a funny story and im sure that alot of people have some amusing stories and i thought it would be fun for everyone to share their amusing or astonishing stories

when i got my first and still only 10 gal tank i got 5 danios to cycle it, i bought the small aquaclear filter, a heater, and some gravel just to start, the first few days were fine and all of the fish seemed happy playing and schooling, so one day i come home and there is one danio in the tank :?: so i looked around on the floor and there was nothing, there were no floaters and there was literally no where for them to hide, so where could they be????? The more i thought and stared at my tank, it dawned on me that my danios are so small, and the intake on my filter is just big enough that they could have been sucked into the filter :idea: so i took a look and sure enough i spotted one swimming around just below the filter media, so i quickly yanked the plug and dismanteled the filter, all four of the fish had survived being sucked into the filter and being sent through the pump into where the media sits, all of them seemed fine and swam fine when i dumped them back into the tank, glad to report that all 5 are much bigger and are enjoying their tank makes, they are my favs

HAHA!! Thats funny and very lucky!

Although danio's are super tough little guys!

Cant say i've had any funny fish stories as of yet. If and when i do i'll post them here. :)

i lost a fire belly newt once, not too funny but he just dissapeared about 2 hours after we bought him, the only funny thing was we spent $40 on stuff for him and now its sitting in my 55 gal stand dry.. :evil:

I'll share what, to me, is now a funny story (scary at the time).

I had purchased 6 harlequin rasboras for my tank and had them floating in the tank for acclimation. My acclimation process goes: put a little bag water in a 1 gallon pitcher, add a little tank water to bag, wait 5 min., put in a little more tank water, 5 more minutes drain a little bag water out and add a little more tank water.....so on and so forth for about an hour. In one of the "drain bag water into pitcher" moments, I thought I saw one of the little rasboras get out of the bag, but when I looked into the pitcher he wasn't in there. So, I held the bag up to the light, and I'm standing there trying to count these silly rasboras in bag that all look the same. 8O Needless to say there were only 5 in there. 8O 8O

Well, I moved the pitcher and sure enough, there was one of my brand new rasboras flopping around on the blanket that my tank sits on. I quickly grabbed him with my hand and put him in the pitcher. He swam around in there so I new he was fine. I added him back to the bag with his buddies so I could finish the acclimation. They all made it into the tank and are fine to this day.

I liked those 6 so much I went back to the store and bought 4 more. I was a whole lot more careful about draining the bag during that acclimation procedure. To this day, when I drain a bag I pinch the bag pretty tight where the water is flowing over the plastic so no fishies can escape and end up as fish jerky next to my tank. :D

LOL,

Ive got a good one. My first fish were leapord danois and introducing them was fine. It was my 1st PWC that all the fun happened.

As i took off the hood to get at the waterline i saw a small fish swimming furiously towards me and pop!, he came right out the water hit my arm and flopped to the floor. Being inexperienced i paniked and picked him up and ploped him back in. But as i was puting him back in 2 of his fellow comerades decided to follow their leader on his suicide run. So i ended up rescuing 3 of them in the end, lol

Was petrified but the funnyer thing is tey have never done it ever since. I also had a danoi who kept going into the filter, I think he liked it in there :D

Back
Top Bottom