Galaxy Rasboras/Celestial Pearl Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I plan to get a school of 35-40 galaxy Rasboras for my 55g. Which would be a good species to put another school of in the tank? Keep in mind that galaxy Rasboras are rather timid. Thanks guys!

Jetstorm369 said:
Hey guys, I plan to get a school of 35-40 galaxy Rasboras for my 55g. Which would be a good species to put another school of in the tank? Keep in mind that galaxy Rasboras are rather timid. Thanks guys!

Although I keep them in my 10, my CPDs are with Hi-Spot Rasboras. This marriage works well as Hi-Spots are very active and boisterous yet not large enough to take all the food from the CPDs.

Predfan27 said:
Plus, Hi-Spots take up the upper strata while the CPDs take over the mid to low.

Mmm thanks for the suggestion! What are your views of putting Harlequin Rasboras the the CPDs? Thanks!

Jetstorm369 said:
Mmm thanks for the suggestion! What are your views of putting Harlequin Rasboras the the CPDs? Thanks!

They should act very similar to Hi-Spot. I've never kept them myself.

Harlequins are awesome! I have them with black skirt tetras and other fish. They stay near/at the top of the tank. For feeding, feed ground up flakes for the harliquins. They will eat their fill quickly and then other fish will be able to eat.

I'd recommend forktail rainbowfish or threadfin rainbowfish. Great looking fish!

Jetstorm369 said:

Also, do you realize how expensive 35-40 CPDs are?? Haha conservatively (very conservatively) each tiny fish will cost 5 bucks...but more likely 7-9 dollars...times 35...scary thought haha

Back
Top Bottom