glass tops???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you have in the tank? Some fish are real jumpers and require lids. Are you talking about having no lids on the tank at all?

What do you have in the tank? Some fish are real jumpers and require lids. Are you talking about having no lids on the tank at all?

well i have this fish

1 pleco common
1 rainbow shark
1 pictus catfish
2 juvenile maybe 2inches long 3 spot gourami
8 tiger barb about 1 inch each
4 black skirt tetra about 1 inch each
6 platy

and yes im talking about having no lid or atleast till i fing one that wont block th light from the plants

I keep them on because i use RO water and it prevents as much evaporation. It's really the only benefit I see in it.

i use rodi water too but i have the filling a 40 gal barrel wit a stopper so it wont be a problem to just refill

I would keep a glass top on at all times just in case. A glass top doesn't block light, the light goes through it so the plants will be fine.

They can... depends on how much junk is on them. I dont have tops on any of my tanks. They're a pain to get in to the tank with... at least conpared to no top. They also get dirty and block light. A tight fitting lid can cause pH crashes as well.

They can... depends on how much junk is on them. I dont have tops on any of my tanks. They're a pain to get in to the tank with... at least conpared to no top. They also get dirty and block light. A tight fitting lid can cause pH crashes as well.

really????? so if i leave it with out tops for lets say just today will be fine??? or should i just add it immediately

I saw you have a 3 spot gourami, I have read (and experienced) that they are real good jumpers - may not be a problem as its a juvenile, but I thought I'd let you know.

Back
Top Bottom