Goldfish mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardiacmommy417

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I made a huge mistake last May. I bought a 3 gallon round aquarium for my son's birthday. I thought this would be a good first pet experience for our 4 year old. We took him to the pet store & I was so skeptical that this would work out, I bought two 27 cent goldfish for this tiny tank. :facepalm: Before y'all yell at me, let me say "I know now" that these fish cant live in this tank. So, the question is, what do I with them? I've gotten attached to them, so I cant just flush them. They're alive after all, but I'm afraid they're going to die if they stay in there much longer. They've grown quite large & the water is cloudy all the time. I'm willing to get my son some fish that are well suited for the aquarium we have. What I am not willing to do is spend the money for a 40 gallon tank just to save 59 cents worth of fish.

Take them back if possible, there most likely commons and they require a pond. They get 2ft I believe and are cold water.

A beta would be a perfect fit for a 3 gallon but they do need a heater and a filter like all fish. Proper care too.

Take them back if possible, there most likely commons and they require a pond. They get 2ft I believe and are cold water.

A beta would be a perfect fit for a 3 gallon but they do need a heater and a filter like all fish. Proper care too.

+1

Try selling them or giving them away to someone with a pond on Craigslist or Facebook.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Just take them back to the store. Easy and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom