Goofy levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Midgery2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank seems to be in a cycle again and I'm worried. My pH has always been good. The past few times my nitrite has been a little high and nitrate high. Ammonia was up slightly too. Last night my ammonia was high, nitrite and nitrate high also. I did a 50% water change. One of my male guppies was breathing very fast and died today. After the water change I also added an ammonia blocking fizzy tablet. My male platy has been clamping his dorsal fin for a few weeks now but I'm not sure if this is normal for them or not.

Now my levels are: pH- 7.6, ammonia-0.25, nitrite- 2-5 (they look the same to me on the API color chart), nitrate- between 0-5.
Obviously I'm concerned for my fish. Do you think my levels will normalize? I could add another Ammonia Safe fizzy but I'm concerned that if I do that my nitrates and nitrites won't normalize.

I've got 3 adult platy, 1 guppy, 1 snail, and 3-5 fry. I probably still have all 5 but I haven't seen all of them at once today. 1 of my platy is huge-ready to pop. She's the only fish that has a name. We call her Big Momma.

Any advice? Keeping fish is hard!

My girls

Big Momma and my other female platy

I wish I knew how to turn the pictures...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 53
My males

Flashy guppy and platy with clamped fins

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 48
Sounds like its cycling over? What size tank is this? You dont have many fish so as long as we are looking at a 10g or bigger, ur not over stocked. Id keep doing daily water changes at 50% until ur nitrites drop to 0 again

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom