Got loaches ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And by tougher I meant out of the ones you've mentioned without growing to a ridiculous size. (7") ... They have quite a bit to protect them from predators.

Thanks i will follow.up on that and get back to you. Cichlids are boss.

Kribs are a very mild tempered cichlid. I personally love the albino kribs. I found they do best with their own kind, but I've heard of others being able to keep them with jewel cichlids.

As for cats, have you thought of the synodontis species? Featherfins are a personal favorite.

Thanks i will follow.up on that and get back to you. Cichlids are boss.

Researched Kribensis. Found out that they are agressive african and thrive when paired up. They dont like to much company on the tank floor. Males get about 4" and females get about 3"

Kribs are a very mild tempered cichlid. I personally love the albino kribs. I found they do best with their own kind, but I've heard of others being able to keep them with jewel cichlids.

As for cats, have you thought of the synodontis species? Featherfins are a personal favorite.

Synodintis ? Is that the one that looks like an insect. ? Gray and black with long wiskers. ?

Aggressive? Ha, hardly. I've kept them with neon tetras.

I think that site gave you some bad info.
ok. I will look into it. My fish store has them labeled semi-aggressive and the site did say the are aggresive when spawning occurs. Both patents guard the fry and they dont care for other bottom level tankmates. They are known to nip fins of other slow swimming fish. Doesnt seem like high maintenance. Just have to transition them into SA.water.

ok. I will look into it. My fish store has them labeled semi-aggressive and the site did say the are aggresive when spawning occurs. Both patents guard the fry and they dont care for other bottom level tankmates. They are known to nip fins of other slow swimming fish. Doesnt seem like high maintenance. Just have to transition them into SA.water.

Mosy fish are aggressive when spawning, that's a given. I wouldn't keep them with SA cichlids of any type unless they're dwarfs, even then it would be questionable.

My 2 clowns grew up with my jacks and yellow labs, I think that is the
key with mixing loaches with Cichlids, grow em together :)

Back
Top Bottom