Greatest creation of all....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now what could be the greatest of mans creations?

The PYTHON, lol.

I got to use mine for the first time tonight, took just over a half hour to do a 75% PWC on my 55G. The PWC was quick, what took the time was stringing out my 75' python across the house, and then draining it out and winding up when I was done. Overall, I give it a 10.

Wolf you are so right! I swear it IS the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. :lol: I could not survive without it!

I have to admit, the darn thing paid for itself within a couple of PWC's :) If you have a large tank and are hauling water buckets around...give this thing a shot. You'll be glad you did.

Hopefully I don't even have to get into the story of the time that I dumped an entire 5 gal. bucket of water (of course it was freshly removed from a dirty tank) on my apartment floor to tell you how worthwhile the Python is.

I leave mine attached to the bathroom faucet and just roll it up after a pwc.
I think this may be better than sliced bread !

dave

I've come up with a pretty good method of draining the syphon hose on mine. Once the tank is as full as I want it, I switch the direction back to "syphon" mode, and then immediately pop the gravel vac end out of the tank. The syphon action sucks most of the water out, but I get the rest of it out by just holding the vac end at about chest height while making sure the rest of the hose is lower (on the floor, in my case), and coiling it as I walk toward the faucet, making sure each little section that I am about to coil drains into the rest of the section on the floor. By the time I get to the faucet, I just life the entire coil higher than the faucet, and whatever water is left drains right out. Then I turn off the water and disconnect. That whole draining/coiling process takes me about 1-2 min., tops.

Do others have any python techniques they would like to share?

Only thing is, I wonder how much my water bill is going to go up, lol. Wish I could drain it without the faucet, and just hook the faucet up to fill it. lol. But I love it.....

I have to walk to the other end of the house to switch it from fill to drain, lol. Glad I got the 75' and not the 50', as I found I can't hook mine up to the bathroom faucet. Nothing to unscrew to take the screen out. So I have to use the kitchen sink on the other end of the house, lol.

bosk1 said:
I've come up with a pretty good method of draining the syphon hose on mine. Once the tank is as full as I want it, I switch the direction back to "syphon" mode, and then immediately pop the gravel vac end out of the tank. The syphon action sucks most of the water out, but I get the rest of it out by just holding the vac end at about chest height while making sure the rest of the hose is lower (on the floor, in my case), and coiling it as I walk toward the faucet, making sure each little section that I am about to coil drains into the rest of the section on the floor. By the time I get to the faucet, I just life the entire coil higher than the faucet, and whatever water is left drains right out. Then I turn off the water and disconnect. That whole draining/coiling process takes me about 1-2 min., tops.

Do others have any python techniques they would like to share?
That's what I do and it works great. I use about 2 arm lengths for each circle so they are all about the same size.

i havent tried it yet, but you can make your own python with a water bed filler and some like hose and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom