Guess what I am doing this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got used one of Craigslist. Let's just say it is not in its maiden state.

Two hours later, $6.28 (sand paper), some previously bought Meguiar's Scratch Remover (completely useless for my car) and some old rags and tank looks like new. Here's a picture. So far tank is in my kitchen, as you can see, I am sure wife will kick me out with it from there.

Acrylic! I am not sure scratches are so easy to remove from glass. But then glass is not so easy to scratch as acrylic.

nice tank! i love craigslist, i just can't keep checking it or i won't have any more flat surfaces left in the house. great job by the way.

skiweeangel said:
nice tank! i love craigslist, i just can't keep checking it or i won't have any more flat surfaces left in the house. great job by the way.

I never gave much thought to used stuff. I moved to US from Poland 10 years ago and back then in PL there was no such a thing as Craigslist or similar to it. Simply ther was no large market for used stuff, so I am not used to think that some items can be bought used. Only used thing I bought before was a car. ;-)

CatmanDru said:
Looks good.

What grit numbers did you use to sand the tank?

I used 1000 - 1500 - 2000 - 2500. It came as a package from auto zone. I think it was 4x11, one sheet of each except for 2000 grid there were 2 sheets of it.

Back
Top Bottom