Guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldstar8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So last night, my daughter runs to me yelling that she sees a fry at the bottom of out 29 gallon tank. Sure enough, she's right. To make a long story short, we were able to find and rescue 10 guppy fry out of the tank and put them into there own, half gallon tank. Now for the question...how do we take care of them. Both of my little girls love watching the fry swim all over the tank, but I haven't a clue what to do for fry. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

All I have done is put a pinch of flake food in the palm of my hand, crunch it up and feed them.
All my fry have survived..... so far, only one week old.

So last night, my daughter runs to me yelling that she sees a fry at the bottom of out 29 gallon tank. Sure enough, she's right. To make a long story short, we were able to find and rescue 10 guppy fry out of the tank and put them into there own, half gallon tank. Now for the question...how do we take care of them. Both of my little girls love watching the fry swim all over the tank, but I haven't a clue what to do for fry. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

If you can get your hands on liquifry I've found that do be really good when feeding them, I got mine from my local fish shop but I believe it's on amazon too! However, if you are feeding them with crushed flakes make sure you remove any uneaten food after 5 mins or so, and feed them 2 or 3 times a day :)

You can leave them in with the other guppies. Some might get eaten, but I promise there will be more fry within a couple of weeks.

Crushed flake food is fine.

Back
Top Bottom