Half sand & half gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible? Or will it eventually mix together over time? Like if I put the gravel in the back and sand in the front. Sorry if its a silly question, we already started our tank with gravel before we found out about Khulis and don't want to waste the gravel!

Is it possible? Or will it eventually mix together over time? Like if I put the gravel in the back and sand in the front. Sorry if its a silly question, we already started our tank with gravel before we found out about Khulis and don't want to waste the gravel!

Depends on the fish. I used blue gravel for water and tan gravel for beach in my old tank and my oranda mixed them together enough to make it unaesthetic. Looks good at first but if you have bottom feeders it'll eventually get mixed together.

You could add more sand than gravel if you wanted. then you could take out some of the gravel. Or as much as needed. I think it would look really good to have both in there mixed up.

Depends on the fish. I used blue gravel for water and tan gravel for beach in my old tank and my oranda mixed them together enough to make it unaesthetic. Looks good at first but if you have bottom feeders it'll eventually get mixed together.
I agree. It would become a cleaning nightmare.....

Got it. It just looks so nice! I put some gravel on terra-cotta plant pot bottom and put sand around it. Hopefully the Khulis will be happy!

Thank you all for replying!

Back
Top Bottom