Heater making noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaketravis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so ive had me heater for like 2 months now and it just started making a popping noise and was wonder if anyone els has had this issue and what can be done of it. Seeing how the aquarium is in my room is kinda annoying when trying to sleep. Thanks!

You need to move your suction cups away from the heating elements. This will stop the clicking/popping noise

Thank you! We shall see how it goes tonight!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah thats what it does a few clicks then stop then after a few mins repeat

Yeah thats what it does a few clicks then stop then after a few mins repeat

Yup then do what I said and you should be set. Move the clips away from the heating elements. Move them to the very top and one the very bottom if not then use just one at the top. What kind of heater do you have?

UNPLUG IT.

A heater is perhaps the MOST likely piece of equipment to fail. If you have any doubts whatsoever that it is functioning properly, unplug it and replace... if it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer for replacement. A popping sound is NOT normal heater operation.... I wouldn't take my chances.

Also, here's the part where I remind everyone to use a GFCI where you have your tank(s) set up!

UNPLUG IT.

A heater is perhaps the MOST likely piece of equipment to fail. If you have any doubts whatsoever that it is functioning properly, unplug it and replace... if it is under warranty, contact the manufacturer for replacement. A popping sound is NOT normal heater operation.... I wouldn't take my chances.

Also, here's the part where I remind everyone to use a GFCI where you have your tank(s) set up!

Agreed.

Alright guys sorry for the late reply seams moveing the suction cups worked thanks for all the support

Alright guys sorry for the late reply seams moveing the suction cups worked thanks for all the support

Not a problem. I've had the same problem before and thought my tank was breaking!!!

Back
Top Bottom