Heater went through the roof:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's been a bad day all around. My heater decided to malfunction It didn't shut off, just superheated my tank water! My thermometer reading goes to 86, and I'd guess the water temp was at least 95! The outside glass was warm to the touch. Scooped 6 dead fish out, 3 neons, 2 harliqune rasboras any my clown pleco. All of which I've had for over a year! It just sucks! Though my blackskirts are fine, they seem indestructible.

Thanks for understanding everybody. It will be an interesting rest of the night crossing my fingers that everyone else pulls through.

As man!! That really sucks! I've had that happen before, but luckily it was while I was testing a new (cheap Chinese) heater on an old empty (besides water) tank. It got up past 92*
How old was the heater? Some of them have warrantees on them

As man!! That really sucks! I've had that happen before, but luckily it was while I was testing a new (cheap Chinese) heater on an old empty (besides water) tank. It got up past 92*
How old was the heater? Some of them have warrantees on them

It's over 2 years old. It's a Fluval 100w submersible heater.

That happened to me once. Woke up to find a tank at 102.5 F. All of the platies and plants were fine... I don't know they survived

That's awful. My room mate had a heck of a time when she was using one of the cheaper heaters. It would randomly heat the tank up to 95 ish.

Back
Top Bottom