Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willcam05

Aquarium Advice Newbie
All started after a 15% pwc.

Been like this for 3 days now lost some small fish, but I'm most worried about my pink gourami I've had him for 5 years now. What can I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 76
Holy cow!
If that's a bacteria bloom, then its the mother of all bacteria blooms.

I've never had water that cloudy, but I'm thinking a larger PWC can't be a bad idea.

Wow, that's not bacteria bloom... I don't think. It looks like when you add new sand to the tank. Did you stir up of the sand when changing the water? Maybe do like 50% to help it clear

I've had the same setup for 6 years never had a problem like this. I was thinking of taking the fish out and draining the tank and start fresh, anything has to be better for them than this.

.. Nope, just gravel. Just vacuumed the gravel and did the pwc, the next day it looked like that.

I used a bucket to transport some gold fish from one pond to another with the water from the pond. Not thinking I just rinsed it and put it back with my other bucket. Not sure if I used it for the pwc, but you think that could cause this.

Don't have another tank to move them to, only 5 gallon buckets. Did a 50% pwc this morning, water looked exactly the same after. Only thing I can think of is putting the 2 fish I have left in a bucket and draining the tank completely. Any input on this idea? Thanks for all the info so far.

Finally starting to clear up after daily treatments with prime and 35% pwc. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom