help help help need to know what is the best set up for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishand jeeps

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok i want a 55 gal tank fresh water i live in colorado if there is any one that has one for sale. any way i will be putting a fire eel and a try track ell in and any thing else that i can with them that they wont kill, unless there cheep, and i dont wont any thing that will kill them.also can i even put them together. ok im going to do a under grav filter with power heads and some kind of power filter. this is were im having trouble choosing. ok poll time what do all of you guys think would be the best filter for what im going to do. just let me know either a 330 bio wheel a emp 400 bio wheel or any other if there would be a better way to go let me know.

tell me every thing im going to need or do to keep good healthy fish with the set up i want when i say every thing i mean every
ps if any knows of any were in colorado that has great prices let me know or any were on line
thank you guys so much oh ya has any one ever herd of a 55 gal breaking the floor im going to put it in my kitchen it is a old house

definitely skip the under gravel filter...they can get very messy, and if you're planning on having plants, they can really muck it up (their roots get down in there).

Welcome to Aquariumadvice fishand jeeps :)

While both fish would probably do ok in a tank together, a 55g is just too small for such big guys. The Tire Track eel gets about 2 and a half feet long, the Fire eel closer to 3 and a half feet. Way too big for a 55g. I'd suggest a 75g minimum.

As for it being an old house, you'll need to find out where the floor braces are and find out how much weight they are rated for. Then determine the weight of your tank with water, gravel and fish to see if the floor can take it.

Forget the UGF as sweets said. Not only because they are messy, but Fire eels like to burrow.

I suggest you start off by doing some research on the fish you want. You'll need to make some decisions on tanks and fish first before considering filters if you want happy healthy fishies :)

Back
Top Bottom