HELP! Iused windex in dry tank....What do I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arenaranger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!!!!!
I have a 90 gallon that I got used and am just setting it up. In trying to get glass really clean before startup, I used windex and now realize that I should not have. I am going top re rinse with vinegar and rinse the hell out of it with fresh water for like 30 mins or so outside with a hose.
will that suffice to remove any windex residue before actually filling the tankl and starting it up?

For what it is worth, it is not going to actually be starting up until I get the stand painted etc so I have time. Probably be two weeks before I actually attempt to fill it for good and introduce my fish.

Any help is REALLY appreciated.

Wash out the whole tank with vinegar and water at least twice
than dry it out with paper towels to be sure you leave no residue behind
never use windex on a tank especially on the inside

I will do that. Again, I am not even starting up the tank for a few more weeks so I have lots of time to rinse out with vinegar and water. I will do what you have said plus more rinsing but is there a way to be sure that the tank is residue free?

If you're really worried about it run some activated carbon in the tank after cleaning it out.

Back
Top Bottom