help to sex my rams please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claudio1

Aquarium Advice Activist
can someone tell me if they are both same sex or if they are male and female please.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm guessing these are Bolivian rams? They both look like males to me. Did you just get them or something? They look really dull, they will light up with proper care and varied diet and they are lovely fish. I'm sure you'll love them once they settle in. Two males may cause territory problems but not as bad as it sounds. Just a little chasing here and there but around feeding time is where their main goal(whoever the more dominant) is to get the other one out of the way. Good luck man. Gorgeous rams.

I'm guessing these are Bolivian rams? They both look like males to me. Did you just get them or something? They look really dull, they will light up with proper care and varied diet and they are lovely fish. I'm sure you'll love them once they settle in. Two males may cause territory problems but not as bad as it sounds. Just a little chasing here and there but around feeding time is where their main goal(whoever the more dominant) is to get the other one out of the way. Good luck man. Gorgeous rams.

thanks for your help,i have them for about 4 months now,what type of food/diet can i feed them,atm i feed them with tetra flakes and hikari sinking cichlid gold but they dont seem to like them...

thanks for your help,i have them for about 4 months now,what type of food/diet can i feed them,atm i feed them with tetra flakes and hikari sinking cichlid gold but they dont seem to like them...

Tetra flakes are okay, they have a lot of bad stuff in them I heard but don't feel bad. I've even used them since I started without knowing but I use omega one color enhancing pellets. They seem to like those. Hikari is good and I don't understand why they wouldn't like them but that's besides the point. You can feed them brine shrimp, live or frozen. That may sound intimidating (or maybe not lol) because I know it sounded odd when I first heard of it cause I didn't know where to even start when it came to purchasing those products. But just ask your LFS. Even if that's pet smart or something. They should carry frozen foods. Bloodworms are another great choice. Mysis shrimp? A lot of good choices that are nutritious and great to develop your rams or any fish for that matter. Good luck.

i have some frozen bloodworms,do i need to soak in fish tank water before feeding them or can i just drop it frozen in the tank?...thanks for the advice..

i have some frozen bloodworms,do i need to soak in fish tank water before feeding them or can i just drop it frozen in the tank?...thanks for the advice..

Yeah get a little cup with tank water and let it defrost in there for about 15-30 minutes until it's soft and everything then dump it in

I can't tell by the video. With Bolivians you have to look at the vent or breeding tube. Males have a triangle. Girls have a square longer tube

Back
Top Bottom